The holiday season is upon us and I’m switching some of my fall decor out early, so I can add my favorite sparkly decorations around the house! Though I love decorating, the cost can add up, so I’ve been creative this year on what I purchase. The Dollar Tree has been my greatest asset! There are plenty of cute decorations there (all a $1 each of course) and I’ve stock piled a few to create some holiday crafts. My first Dollar Tree craft this season is a sparkly snowflake wreath and it’s super easy to make!
– Silver Wreath
– Large Snowflake ornament
– Pack of 2 medium snowflake ornaments
– Super Glue or hot glue
– 4 Twist ties (preferably silver or white) / string if twist ties aren’t available
1. Chose where you want your snowflakes to lay on the wreath. I wanted the snowflakes (with the largest in the center) to be off center on the bottom of the wreath.
2. Starting with the large snowflake, use 2 twist ties to secure the ornament to the wire base of the wreath, which you can feel beneath the tinsel (on the large ornament, just loop the twist ties in places that won’t be completely visible to the naked eye).
3. Once the large snowflake is secure, loop a twist tie through the hole on a medium ornament and secure it to the wreath slightly beneath the large snowflake on the left side (which hides the twist tie, and creates the look of clustered snowflakes).
4. Repeat step 3 but secure the third snowflake on the right side.
5. The medium snowflakes will flop around, so use some glue to secure them to the wreath.
Voila! $3 Snowflake wreath!